July 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: Sewage treatment
Protected: SWATER Mix 5.0: MultiFunctional Testing & Upgrading Software Tool for Urban and Industrial WWTP
MICROexpert: an effective Professional Tool to prevent solid separation problems
MICROexpert is a knowledge based software tool for diagnosis and trouble-shooting of operational problems in activated sludge. It deals with suspended-solid systems in aerobic or in nutrient removing (N and P) processes, in CSTR (Continuous Stirred Tank Reactor) or Plug Flow reactors. The main goal of this tool is:
- Detecting, at the right time, functional instability and anomalies in progress;
- Advising on possible corrective operations to prevent solid separation problems (bulking, foaming, rising, pin point floc, etc.), and therefore,
- Avoiding failures of effluent quality.
A holistic approach to diagnosis MICROexpert major strength is its data-fusion, which is the ability to merge consistently different type of data and information to the best diagnosis:
- Microscopic sludge analysis on microfauna, sludge biotic index (SBI), sludge floc morphology and filamentous bacterial growth;
- Laboratory physico-chemical analysis;
- Operative parameters evaluated on field;
- Visual investigation on efficiency of each wastewater treatment.
Incubation period and real-time process control MICROexpert exploits the peculiar “slow” dynamics of activated sludge and its incubation time (days before the effects of biological undesiderable anomalies) to predict diagnosis. Infact, a problem could not be promptly detect before it has occurred, by the only physico-chemical parameters. Generally, an incubation period is a considerable lapse of time… This period (sometimes weeks), has to deal with a lack of a timely diagnosis!